Upper Kanab is now a ghost town though Alton still survives as a small agricultural community. First settled in 1865 by the Roundy and Ford families, the area later became the location for the United Order dairy and ranching. Today, Upper Kanab can be reached by going through Alton though there isn’t much of anything there. Jonathan Heaton was responsible for laying out Alton in 1907. An historic plaque outlining Alton’s history was installed on the town’s centennial.

No comments:

Post a Comment